Friday, November 30, 2012

Art Color Blocking~

I found this cool art piece at our church Youth Day Garage Sale I paid $5.00.  I liked ;most' of the color blocking with the exception of the maroon.  I don't know what it is about the color, but I truly do not care for it.  I used to have rugs, pillows & towels in maroon but it has been as of late that my dislike has come about.  Since I was happy with the other colors of this art piece I decided to paint out the maroon.
 Like any good DIYer I taped off the rest of the blocks & gave the maroon blocks a good key with a sanding block~
 I knew I had some off white spray paint so that is what I used plus I wanted to lighten up the piece a bit~
 All the other blocks had some antiquing so I added a small amount of glaze I already had from another project & antiqued the newly painted blocks too~
Here is the finished product~
I am on the look out for a super shiny sealer for the newly painted blocks, I bought 2 & sprayed them on  but it just does not have a high enough gloss as the others. Other than the fact that the off white blocks are not as glossy as the others I am pretty happy with the way it looks~
What do you think?  Better?
Too Much Time On My Handsapinchofjoy.comOr so she says



GRAB A NICE DRINK SIT BACK & BROWSE ~AtirInspiredDecor~I LOVE COMMENTS SO PLEASE BE KIND & LEAVE ONE OR MORE IF YOU LIKE~ I WOULD ALSO BE HONORED IF YOU BECAME A FOLLOWER OF ~AtirInspiredDecor~

FYI~I am in the middle of decorating our home for Christmas & will have pictures to share soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Receiving comments is like receiving a great big gift! I LOVE gifts so please leave me some love~Thank YOU

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs