Thursday, January 17, 2013

More Rug Painting~

A few years back my husband bought 2 of these  jute rugs to use as bathmats in our master bathroom. I liked them, but they just did not go with the decor of the room.  So what did I decide to do?  WELL ~ Paint them of course!!
  The first thing I did was cover the entire area with a primer to cover the dark leaves. In addition to using the primer I also used a textile medium to help the rugs keep the softness.  I used another coat of soy paint in a mushroom color to tone down the starkness of the primer~
 I then traced my favorite decorative art piece onto the prepped rugs making sure it was centered and even on all sides~
This is what I ended up with and since I was happy with this I continued on~
II was thrilled to find these soy paints at Michael's~
The background color looks more white than the soy mushroom  paint I used but I am okay with that. My final job was to color in the trace lines and for that I grabbed  a gold sharpie.  Now that I am looking at this picture I think I need to make the lines darker so that the design will stand out more~
Do you agree??
*****
Thank you for stopping by Atir Inspired Decor~AID

GRAB A NICE DRINK SIT BACK & BROWSE ~Atir Inspired Decor ~AID~  IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS I  WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM SO PLEASE BE KIND & LEAVE ONE OR MORE IF YOU LIKE~ I WOULD ALSO BE HONORED IF YOU BECAME A FOLLOWER OF ~Atir Inspired Decor~AID~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Receiving comments is like receiving a great big gift! I LOVE gifts so please leave me some love~Thank YOU

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs