Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Home Tour~Living Room

Today I am kicking off our Christmas Home Tour in the Living Room~ 
*****
                                 The Christmas Tree~
 I went with a gold & brown color scheme & really I did not need to buy much with the exception of some balls, last year at the end of the season I bought some pretty gold/amber prisms they all look so pretty on the tree along with some brown branches, the crowns & other ornaments that I have had for years~ (sorry no way of getting rid of those pesky cords & outlets)
 This is one of my favorite ornaments I put on our tree, I have been using this for a few years, it is meant to hang on a wall or door but I love how it looks front & center on our tree.  This is the TRUE meaning of Christmas after all~
These are a  few of the ornaments I use on our tree, the tassel you see behind the crown I have had for at least 20 years & they have held up beautifully.  The crystal icicles I bought at a garage sale 10 years ago &we never used them, they were lost until we cleaned out our garage I asked my husband to take every bin down so I could look through all of them & I am happy I found them along with some others you will see later~
*****
The Mantle~
 I wish it were Christmas everyday my mantle looks so pretty, I kept with the same color scheme, but added these urns with grey & green undertones~
 These were actually silver & black I liked them but not the color so I took out my trusty paints & changed them up, they now look perfect up on the mantle.  I also used some of the decor I used in my fall decor along with some feathers & branches~
 I twist 3 garland pieces together to make it look thicker & more plush.  I am then able to tuck my ornaments where I wish & they stay put also, it hides the books & glasses I use to give items added height~
This is always hanging some where in our living room, it is probably my favorite piece of art.  I bought this at an estate sale about 25 years ago, I went with my beautiful mom & sister.  This  house was COVERED in religious articles almost every inch of the walls and even the ceilings it was pretty incredible 
all of the decor was quality too~
*****
The Rest Of The Room~
 I know I have shown my tree collection, but I added my Nambe  Blessed Mother I love how she graces this collection also, I added  brown & gold bows to my lamps~
 This is what I put on the coffee table, I must I admit I had a difficult time putting this vignette together & I am still not sure  100% happy with it, so it may change some time soon~
 A close up of the Pottery Barn ornaments that have never graced our tree, my MIL gave me the gold cross ~
A sweet crown I took off a bird house & painted along with some angel wings (see one peaking) and a framed portrait of my angels~
My side table is adorned with my horse head (I want to paint black or silver) with my pretty brown & gold ribbon & a pretty crown brooch.  The little flower arrangement I made & is always in our home somewhere, the ball sits atop a pedestal that broke off one of my Christmas trees~
***************************
GRAB A NICE DRINK SIT BACK & BROWSE ~Atir Inspired Decor ~AID~  IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS I  WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM SO PLEASE BE KIND & LEAVE ONE OR MORE IF YOU LIKE~ I WOULD ALSO BE HONORED IF YOU BECAME A FOLLOWER OF ~Atir Inspired Decor~AID~
I am gladly linking up to the following~
mop it up mondaysapinchofjoy.comHookingupwithHoHBeyond The Picket Fence


504 MainShow Off Friday

1 comment:

Receiving comments is like receiving a great big gift! I LOVE gifts so please leave me some love~Thank YOU

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs