Thursday, May 24, 2012

BUSY~BUSY! Stair Update step 2

I have not posted anything new since my husband & I have worked late into the evening on our stairs & I have been very tired, just so tired to even turn the computer on.  I am hoping I will have some pictures and a longer post next time!  I must tell you I have enjoyed working side by side with my husband on this project, we had fun & made the best of our mistakes!  Which were many =0)  I can not tell you how many trips we made to Lowes and still I will need to go back tomorrow!  UGG, I will be so happy & proud once this project is done!

My husbands early Fathers Day Gift a new saw~ He had to buy another one (not pictured) since we burned the older one out with all of our cutting!  I LOVE using power tools~

We started off using pine ( I hate pine) for both the treads & risers, but I do not want to paint the treads so we used the knotty pine for the risers which I will paint white(ish) and stain the treads oak! 

So we have finished with all the cutting, measuring & fitting, I will start the painting & staining next week once the angels go back to school.

I need to start looking for a runner, I don't know what I want!  Any ideas?

Thank You & Many Blessings~

PS~My Giveaway is still open so enter & tell all your family & friends too!
It will close in a couple of days, so hurry don't wait~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Receiving comments is like receiving a great big gift! I LOVE gifts so please leave me some love~Thank YOU

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs