Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Door Lock & Lamp Makeover~

I still had my little one home with me today, not sure if he will be up to school tomorrow.
With little time on my hands and while he was sleeping I looked for something to do that would not take a lot of time or was noisy.  I took a look at our front door lock and handle "that's it", so I got my trusty sanding paper out and sanded till I could no longer see any of this shiny brass, I then cleaned them off with some TSP, taped up the areas I did not want painted and went to town with Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.
Here is the shiny brass before~ 

After~
Yuck, I did not realize how bad this area of my door looks, it is in need of an oil rub or wax. 


LAMP~

I have had this lamp for sometime now, years ago I removed the electronic components and just had the base.  I was not sure what I wanted to do with it, a friend of mine does amazing flower arrangements and I asked her to make one for me for our kitchen  I remembered having this lamp base in my goody closet and  thought she could use it. Great job right? so beautiful!  I LOVE it so much.  I even like the fact that you can see the holes left behind on the base so that I can tell all my friends it was once a lamp!                               It came apart when I moved it to take this picture~


The Holes~

Here she is~ B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

I need to set the table so it does not look so bare!

Thank You & Many Blessings~

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! I need to do this to my moms door knobs!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I want to do this on other items around our house that are hard to remove to take out to paint i.e. Shower door etc... It takes awhile to sand but that is important because I don't want the paint to ever rub/flake off.
    Thank You & Many Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments is like receiving a great big gift! I LOVE gifts so please leave me some love~Thank YOU

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs